Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Shoes, Glorious Shoes! 28

They say it doesn't matter how much they hurt, as long as they look good. So the fact I had a bloody/scabby leg (seriously, see pic below) for a few days afterwards with these is worth it, right?!

ShoeDazzle keeps luring me in with good sales that I can capitalize on when I have accumulated enough VIP credit and don't have to spend a lot (if anything) out of pocket at that moment. Overall, I'd say the site has gone downhill with nicer stuff since Rachel Zoe took over. If that makes sense. The whole premise of the site when it was started was every shoe was $39.95. Now hardly ANY are. I don't think Rachel grasps that not everyone rolling is money like she is. Just like her Zoe Report newsletter. When they showcase fashion "on a budget", rarely is anything under $100. One item (ESPECIALLY a non-shoe item) for $100 is a fairly large splurge for me. A budget purchase would be like a sweater for $15. But I understand she's catering to her LA clients so she can keep bringing in the big bucks. I just wish she wouldn't also have let that affect the concept of ShoeDazzle. I've debated leaving a few times lately, or at least cutting off my VIP (paid) account. But, as you'll see over the next few weeks/months/however long it takes me to wear and blog all of the shoes I've bought from them recently, they're definitely still pulling my money in right now. BUT not as much as they'd be getting if I weren't waiting to strike at the right moment.

That being said, this pair was exactly that. The other half of the buy one, get one deal you read about here. And honestly, these were the pair I kind of "settled" for. The pair I REALLY wanted sold out before I could snatch them up. After wearing these around for a full day at work, I almost wish I hadn't even bothered. But they ARE super cute. I'll just have to remember never to attempt to wear these again without applying, and being armed with extra moleskin. My legs will thank me for it.

Brand: ShoeDazzle Name: Jaffie
Review: 4" heel. Fits true to size. I included a stock picture of them below so you can see the whole shoe. So that part that goes up the leg rubs like crazy. I don't know if maybe they were tighter it wouldn't... regardless it does. Wear with caution and moleskin. 



This was the result of me not heeding that advice - though I didn't know to give that advice until after this happened, but I digress.


And here is a very dark picture of the outfit. I need to rethink this AGAIN.

2 comments: