Thursday, January 2, 2014

Shoes, Glorious Shoes! 20

I know, it's been far too long. Life got the better of me there for a while. But rest assured, I haven't abandoned my heels completely. Just have a lot of blogging to catch up on.

I debated on even blogging about these because they're SO uncomfortable. But they're cute, and who am I to deny a pair of cute booties their chance to shine? So, away we go!

The first time I wore these, I thought maybe they felt uncomfortable because they were brand new, and I made the mistake of wearing them downtown. A lot of walking on uneven pavement, bricks, etc. By the time we left, I was sure the boots had to be filled with my blood. Back into the closet they went. Untouched for about 4 months.

Every year, for one of my co-worker's birthday, we do a big theme party. Fiesta, Luau, etc. This year, we decided to do a Cowgirl theme. I usually try and match my outfit to whatever that year's party is, while still staying within our work dress code. Well, I am about as far from cowgirl as a person can get. So I struggled trying to come up with something for this event. After giving up and coming to terms with the fact I have nothing cowgirl-ish enough - I decided to just go with the Western-y theme instead. So I grabbed my spiked booties and a snakeskin shirt with some khakis, and away I went.

By the end of the day, I realized that these boots are just not meant to be worn for any kind of walking/standing. Wear them only if you will be sitting all day long, or if you are used to walking in Dutch clogs all the time. Otherwise, I recommend passing them up.

Brand: ShoeDazzle Name: Kourtney
Review: 5" heel, fits true to size. My story above pretty much explains how they feel when you're wearing them, but as far as the actual fit, they don't feel too big/small when wearing. You can't see in the pictures, but they are a bootie, not a boot. Go just barely above the ankle.

This was my cowgirl outfit. Of course you can't really see the shoes in this pic, but you get the idea. 
"Yee-haw!"


No comments:

Post a Comment