Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shoes, Glorious Shoes! 6

The story behind these shoes is simple. Right place, right time. We were out shopping for a new pair of dress shoes for the bf, and happened to find a pair at Rack Room. Well you know, they’re Buy One, Get One ½ Off every day… and nobody likes to see a deal go to waste. So, I did what any good girlfriend would do and sacrificed by picking out a pair of shoes for myself that we could get ½ off.

When I first posted a pic of these shoes online (by themselves, not on my feet), the response was very “eh”. They didn’t really do anything for anybody. I promised them all they’d understand once they saw them on. Lo and behold a few days later, I snapped a pic of them at work, and the response was a complete 180°. Let it be KNOWN: Katybug does not purchase shoes that are just “eh”. There has to be something special about them, or I’m not getting them. The only shoes in my closet that I am not 100% in love with are shoes that I’ve had for 10+ years and get worn maybe once a year, if even that.


Brand: Limelight Name: Yvette
Store: Rack Room Shoes
Review: 4” heel. Fits perfect to size, though they *are* difficult to get on and off. Very comfy but I will say, with all the criss-cross straps, if you do a lot of walking in them those start to dig in a bit by the end of the day. If you’re wearing them to a party or for a desk job NOT like mine (I walk almost all day long most days), you’re not going to have any complaints.

Edgy shoes ask for an edgy outfit. Well, as edgy as a business casual environment will allow for, anyway!

It’s hard to tell in the picture, but there is a zipper up the back of the heel. I love a shoe that has attitude even when walking away!

No comments:

Post a Comment