Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Shoes, Glorious Shoes! 32

I'm making an effort these days to do things that make me smile. Life is really just kicking the crap out of me/my loved ones the last 6 months. But if it has taught me anything, it's that you have to keep making attempts to find reasons to smile. Some days are easier than others. But I've decided I'm no longer just settling for things as they are. I tackled something that has been bringing me down for years at the beginning of this week. No guarantee that anything will change, but I did at least do my part to make the situation better. That's all you can do. You have to learn that some things are just out of your control, and it's what you do about those situations - speak up, leave, bite your tongue and be miserable 24/7 - that affects your every day life. I have been known to speak my mind on occasion...

*insert raucous laughter from friends and family here*

...however, when it comes to a situation that affects my daily life (i.e. friends, family, work), I tend to hold my tongue. Usually at the cost of my mental health. I don't want to hurt the feelings of people I love. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable in a day-to-day situation. And so, I stay quiet. Sometimes (like in this case) for years, where things build and get worse until I finally break. My goal is to get better about this. It will probably take baby steps, but I'm at least making strides. While I still don't want to hurt people I love, I know they also don't want me to be hurt, and that requires me speaking up. 

Speaking up for myself aside, I've also decided I'm living life this year. Taking weekend trips with friends, going to movies alone when I want to see something but no one is free, seeing a pair of shoes I want and not thinking twice before hitting the checkout button, etc. Which brings us to today's pair.

I am switching everything up for a while. Since most of my outfits are usually 90% the same, given they're work outfits, I'm going to start picking and choosing when I post outfits. Spring/Summer you'll probably see more outfits than Fall/Winter. Just more options when it's warm. Plus you can see the shoes better in a skirt than in long pants. So today, we focus on the shoes and accessories.

This pair is SO MUCH FUN. And totally me. Anything that has a rocker edge, I'm good with. I instantly go to "I can wear these to an Aerosmith concert!" (sidenote - I have a new ring that is SO AEROSMITH-worthy, I geeked out when I saw it; you'll see it at some point)

Brand: Style by ShoeDazzle Name: Yousra
Store: ShoeDazzle.com
Review: 4" heel. Fits true to size. I'm not going to go into the typical ShoeDazzle vs Katie's long toes in their pumps story here. These are actually pretty comfy, as long as you're used to walking in heels with no platforms. And SO rockstar, right?! No? Super plain, you say?

Sssssssssssssssilly you, for thinking I would tease a rocker shoe, and not deliver. Plus, I love a little toe cleavage. Sexy, edgy, different. LOVE.

So why not pair it with a matching ring? A 4-finger ring, at that (excuse me while I switch into Bama mode for a second - FOUR FANGERS! FOUR FANGERS!). Note: if you have never worn a 4-finger ring, prepare yourself. It flat-out does NOT work in an every day world. I had it off for most of the day at work. You can't do most tasks, because you can't separate your fingers. But if you're wearing for a social engagement, it's fine. Not uncomfortable for several hours wear, as long as you don't need to type, write much, etc.

And then a little extra special touch on the other hand. LOVE this ring/fingertip accessory ring. The spike ring on my pointer finger is hard to see, but the rocker vibe was carried out. 

So for now, dear blog readers, I bid you adieu. But hopefully soon, I'll have a lot more to talk to you about, and not just shoes. 




2 comments: